by annabelle

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Driving to Santa Rosa

I just got back from an early morning drive to Solano's Santa Rosa with my family. Though we were caught in a traffic the view from Vallejo to Sta. Rosa was captivating.

I was in awe at the beauty of the marshland.How people managed to balance ecology in a State that is the world's 5th largest economy.How birds can run and fly freely without fear of being eaten like they were in the Third world.


If only the people in the Third world nations can have a better life, I'm sure the birds there will be more beautiful.


I was impressed with the wine lesson that my husband taught me. I never knew why Chardonnay is produced in the coastal part of Napa while the Red wine is produced in the North.Chardonnay loves that gentle cool air that comes from the Bay while the Red grapes love the climate of the North.

I never knew that an apple orchard in your vineyard would give a hint of apple on your wine. Isn't it amazing?




1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is good!..I could imagine a clear and vivid picture in my mind as u described this panorama, the green lushness I could feel within that is healing to the soul. Chardonnay gave me also an idea of how it is being distinct to other wine as well...Cool! Very Cool tita Porsche...The wonderment u have seen is same with me as here... miss ur companion na...niece, aidie

10:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home