by annabelle

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Cole's Chop House

There's a nice placed I checked out in Napa last night.Its really fantastic.The place is called Cole's Chop House. They have an indoor restaurant but I loved the outdoor garden with the heater lamps.

We started off with Oysters Rockefeller which was really succulent.And paired it with Chardonnay.

Then we sampled their heirloom tomato salad.It was really not how I expected it to be.I guess they invented a dressing made with rock salt.

But they were able to pull it off with the entree. I had fillet mignon which was tender and juicy.Paired with a glass of Pinot Noir.

My husband had lamb chops paired with the same Pinot Noir.He told me the lamb chops were superb.

There seem not to be a problem with the kids menu as they were able to produce shrimp cocktail and chicken strips with french fries on the sides for my kids.

For the dessert they have gelatto which according to my kids was good.I had creme brulee which tasted like creme brulee.

The dinner was really very romantic.

The server a blonde lady with the short bob was really very nice and accomodating.She's super.

There's just one thing that bothers me though. In the hallway were the restrooms are located there are numbers of signed photographs from prominent Napa residents.And there's one couple who complimented the owner for making a restaurant "where the elite meet!!!!"

I think they should take that picture frame off the wall.Its an unpleasant thing to say especially that the restaurant is really good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home